Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week Three in the MTC

April 30, 2015

Family and friends.

Holy cow.  This mission thing is so crazzy!  In a good way of course.
The Lord constantly tries and tests you, stretching and molding you
into the instrument he needs you to be.  Our senpei left on Monday so
now our entire zone is three elders and a solo sister.  Bower Shimai
went home to have back surgery for a pinched nerve so keep her in your
prayers please.  But yeah every week we all will have to speak in
sacrament, and sing more musical numbers.  I sent a hand written letter
to dad about this story so maybe he can share it on the blog or
something.

Almost every day I am pushed to the point of mental exhaustion in
learning this language, while also trying to keep myself up to snuff in
gospel comprehension.  My favorite teacher Crandell Kyodai, a super
skinny white kid from Washington who served in Tokyo two years back,
said that we will never be able to take a step back and collect a
breath.  God will always find ways to push us to a new and higher
limit.  And that is okay, because that is the whole point in us being
here.  To grow and develop those fundamental Christlike attributes
that are so simple in nature, but so overlooked by the world.  Anyway
the Lord keeps pushing me to higher limits and it is difficult, but
like I say all the time. I love it.

So, I have weighed myself since coming here and have actually lost
weight.  I must have a tapeworm or something because all the food
here is pretty much the worst, and Caley and her mother keep sending me
cookies and donuts (awesome by the way), so that was interesting to
find out.  I am glad I have companions that are willing to go to the
gym and work out or run the whole time.  Even Larson Choro, who is a
little tubby and not coordinated, is at least willing to give it his
best.  I really appreciate both of them. We ave differences and
weaknesses but we also focus on allowing our strengths to determine
our success.  It’s a really good Trident. (what we call trios)

Shanny I cannot wait for you to get here.  You will absolutely love it,
and I wish I could see you while you were here.  This is the most
sacred place on earth and I truly hope you cherish your short stay
here.  Also I saw the Steeles. so tell Breck.

Lisa the camera you gave me is obsolete.  The micro card does not fit in
any of the computers or adaptors so I will just use my iPad from now
on.  I will get you the camera when I can.

Thanks for the note Deborah, it was so nice to hear from you!  Love
you.  Update on Rachel?

Thank you everyone for the support.  I am out of time and have some
more photos to attach.

Ai shite Imasu yo!

Viehweg Choro





No comments:

Post a Comment