Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 21st MTC

May 21, 2015

Family!!

Holy cow what a week!  I have so much to say and not enough time.  Oh well, Ganbarimasu!  (I will persevere)

So we got Kohai this week!!!  New missionaries arrived on Wednesday and we got fifteen of them—hah!   They Tripled our numbers, almost quadrupled them.  We are all so very excited that they have decided to serve missions and look forward to helping them adjust to MTC/mission life.  We are in our last three weeks (AAAAAAHHHHHH) so it is my turn to be district leader.  Hopefully I do not screw that up too bad.  Anyway, the new missionaries all seem to be really well rounded, even keeled people.  We took an hour on Wednesday night to do some orientation, let them know about the standards the Japanese districts have, and bear our testimonies in Nihongo.  That was really cool.  I feel the spirit when I speak that language, but his time, in front of all those new missionaries I felt that the spirit was using ME.  Not the other way around. I really felt a conviction to what I was saying. 

That same day, Wednesday, was crazy busy.  We had gym at 6:30, then service at 8:30, then more service directing traffic for new arrivals at 11:00, and then class and study with Hansen Kyodai, then dinner, then Teaching Resource Center, then orientation with the new missinaries, then bedtime.  Holy Cow, where did that day go?  It is crazy sometimes, but I am so grateful to be busy doing this work.

So the Skype TRC was actually an opportunity for my Doryo (companion) and I to Skype a native nohonjin (Japanese person) and teach them.  Holy intimidating!!  However, it actually went really well.  Of course Wednesday was totally insane and we hardly had time to prepare.   Oh, and they sprung a new idea on us at the very last minute.  They always take our tiny district and ask us to do different things that "no one has ever tried before.”   Don’t really know why, but they just do it.  They actually had us request that we do a follow up later this week with the same person, so it was actually really good practice, but still nerve-racking.  So I CAN teach in Japanese to a Japanese person in VERY broken Japanese hahaha.  Cool experience though and can't wait to follow up on Friday.

On Sunday we had another Nihonjin (native Japanese) district from Tokyo, going to Sendai, come through Provo to spend some time with us.  We all went that night to watch “The Testaments” in Japanese.  I understood a solid thirteen percent of it hahaha. It’s the vocabulary I have trouble with still.  All the grammar I am able to pick up on and understand.  Anyway, at the end of the movie when the Savior appears to the Nephites, I watched it with the mentality that I had seen it a bunch of times and appreciated it, but didn’t really feel much in the way of the spirit.  When the movie ended though, holy cow.  Every single Japanese senkyoshi (missionary) was in tears.  Both sisters and Choros (Elders).  They all felt the spirit so strongly while seeing a visual representation of Jesus Christ visiting men.  It was at this time that I realized that it truly does not matter what language the gospel is spoken in.  The gospel is the one universal language on earth.  Yes, I know math is too, but math sucks.   Anyway, I felt the strong conviction those Japanese elders and sisters had.  They are so dedicated to the gospel, and believe so strongly in their Savior it is beautiful.  I love the Nihonjin already.  I cannot wait to go speak with them and simply share the message of love that I carry.  Only two and a half more weeks!!!!   AAAHHHHH.  I have so much to learn still, but I am excited nonetheless.

Brittany and Caley, the emails you sent cannot be viewed.  I am not sure why but it said the format was not compatible or something.  Thank you for the letters though.  Geez my english is awful now.

Dad and Ma, I have not gotten the package yet, but I am sure either today or tomorrow I will.

I sure do love you all, and love this gospel.  I didn’t get to everything, but time I do not have any more of.  Keep writing me.

ai shitte imasu  (I love you)

Viehweg Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment