Saturday, April 2, 2016

February 1st, 2016



February 1, 2016
 We had a fairly good week here. Unfortunately our baptismal date couldn't quit tobacco in time, but he still wants to be baptized and is continuing to study on his own. We decided it would be better to focus our efforts on a few other people instead of him for the time being. He is ready to be baptized but simply needs to make the decision.   We met with Ozawa San each day but he didn't progress so much which is why we called off the baptism.

I am having a really hard time remembering what happened this week. We are all at Urawa church for zone pday and bowling so I don't have my planner with me...  i'll try to make this letter good regardless. On Tuesday we had a lesson with our recently found investigator Vincent from Ghana. We teach in English which is very interesting and has made me realize I can't teach so well in my native tongue...or my Japanese tongue either for that matter, hahaha.  Anyway he is doing pretty good. He works every day from eight to seven except Sunday so he is pretty tired and doesn't read the Book of Mormon. He does pray all the time and loves meeting with us, and he has a strong desire to find truth so we will push him from here on out. The good thing is that in the neighboring area they are starting an international group in English so we can take him to that.
The cool thing that happened this week is that we had three investigators at church.  Unfortunately the temple missionaries visited this week so neither the English nor the Japanese investigators understood any of it. Sunday school got WAY to deep, and third hour just so happened to be the time that they introduced the north Asia area plan. All in all, none of the people who came to church this week really saw the relevance to them. We are hoping they keep putting in the time that the spirit needs to work on their hearts.

 Today we met in Urawa and went bowling which was fun. After that we went to the church and played free for all ultimate dodgeball, my new favorite game, and ping pong. It was a pretty good day here.

 Sorry this week's letter is so lame!! If I am being honest I don't feel like writing all that much, hahaha. Please understand, I just have so much fun in doing what I'm doing I want to do it all the time! I'll write better next week.

 Elder Viehweg
Bowling with the sisters on P-Day (Sister Riggs on the left)

Ito Choro impersonating Zero form Holes

No comments:

Post a Comment