Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 3rd- Last week in the MTC

Hahahaha sorry Chichi (father), I was waitng fro your email before i decided to write back so  I saved twenty minutes just for that.

This week was another awesome one, but first I want to say how sorry I am for the Carter family. They will be prayed for more than they know, and I really hope everything turns out okay for Eric. Please keep me posted.

So yeah this week was great. Guess who came to speak to us?? D Todd Christofferson and his wife! Two apostles in two weeks!! I felt so so lucky for that. His talk was awesome for sure, he went over freuently asked questions that missionaries gave him as he traveled around the world and all of his advice was just what I needed to hear. 

The Sunday before this devotional, last sunday, Janice Kap Perry came and spoke to us, not sure if I told you this, but she is a hoot. She talked about how when she and her husband first met the first thing he said to her was "those lips look like they were made for something other than playing clarinet" WHAT? Hahahaha so omoshiroi. (funny)  He then proceeded to stand up and come to the mike to defend himself at which point she covered the mike and a small struggle ensued. Then the husband gave up and instead smacked her on the face in front of all of the missionaries, threw his arms in the air in triumph, and walked aback to his seat. It was so funny and wierd hahaha none of us knew how to react until we looked at President Burgess (MTC president) and saw him laughing. Goood devo.  Anyway I had spent that whole day fasting and I didnt really know why, but after this devotional I did for sure. She had us sing several of her songs periodically that she wrote and gave some very nice insights as well. At the end of the devotional, she had us sing a medley of three songs, I forget which ones but one was sisters in zion and the male equivilant.  Anyway, IT was at this time that I had a very sweet experience. I was filled and overcome with love that I can't even describe. I felt God's love, I felt Mom's love, My family's love, everyone. IT was incredible. It completely overwhelmed me and I began to sob into my hands. I felt Mom reach out and embrace me in her arms, and I felt that God was so happy with my decision to be where I am right now. It was incredible. I have found out over my stay here that I had a pretty shaky conversion coming in. I have had to learn alot about trust and faith in the Lord. Now though, I can say with all the ebergy and truth that I posess that I will NEVER go back to who  I was before this time. I will NEVER stop working on my own personal conversion. I love this gospel so much.

Okay, sorry, stepping down now. So we picked up another investigator this week. Well it was actually a less active member, she loves the elders and loves to learn about he gospel, but her husband belongs to some scary church in Japan. SGI?  Dad maybe you know it. Anyway we only were able to meet with her several times, but it was really good to practice with her from scratch after learning all we have from the other Kyudoshas. (investigators) We also skypped our Nihonjin member yesterday and taught about recieving revelation from the Book of Mormon. I hardly understood him but that is okay. Our teacher said he talked super fast and it was even hard for her. 

Sorry, I leave next week on Monday at six thirty in the morning. Should have given you a heads up hahaha. I will be in the Salt Lake City airport between ten and eleven ish and will call dad at that time I think. Hopefully you can answer dad, if not I will try to remember a random phone number and call that hahaha. Sorry for the last minute stuff. These past two weeks I have really worked on not getting distracted and not allowing the departure date to detract from my work and learning, and honestly, it snuck up on me hahaha.

So yeah by Monday night I will be in Japan.

Hen. (Strange)

This is all so random. Sorry everyone. I am also pretty bad at writing in english now so I appologize for that. 

Lisa I did fill out the paper work, we had a notary here who witnessed it. I sent it to grandpa and told him to let me know that all is well and he didnt so IF somone could do that for me that would be helpful.

Suzie thank you so much for the letter, it is always good to hear from you. I cant wait for your grand babies to arrive!

Danielle. You are hilarious. Sooooo much laughter from that letter you sent me. More than made up for the times you forgot.  I miss little Mazer so much. 

I am about out of time guys, sorry again for this mess of an email. I will work on doing better. 

Dont forget dad between ten and eleven on monday I will call you!

Viehweg Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment